CST 363 Week 1

 

WELCOME TO WEEK 1

Learning Journal - Relational Databases: 

This week, I learned that although there are similarities between spreadsheets and database tables, there are important differences. Relational databases have schemas to follow, such as the datatype for each column. It is important to note that only one value can be held.
I also believe that investing time in learning and utilizing databases provides many benefits. They allow for the sharing of data. Even though data is shared, users will see different data, which enforces security. Databases also allow for physical data independence, which is the ability to modify the file format without changing the existing application.
In this course, my goal is to enhance my skills in utilizing databases to provide comprehensive support and solutions across various aspects of data management and analytics in my future career. I also aim to improve my understanding of designing efficient database schemas.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 Week 4

CST 300 Week 3

CST 300 Week 1