CST 300 Week 2

WELCOME TO WEEK 2

Technology

    Hello Everyone! This week, I learned a lot of very interesting things that made me realize how technology has a great impact on the world. For instance, in the video "The future is faster than you think,"  it explains how certain factors have accelerated how fast the world is changing. These factors include Computation Abundance, Capital Abundance, Increasing Genius, and Communications Abundance. These factors, among others, have influenced the way we live and will continue to do so in the future, but at a much faster rate. The world is connected more than ever, and new and innovative ideas will rise. 

    Speaking of Innovative ideas, trends in the computing and software development such as AI, have also been very beneficial. However, many fear that AI will take their jobs. Can it happen? Will it happen? Artificial Intelligence can function as an assistant when needed for a project. 

Project Management

    Project Management was another topic mentioned this week as well. When creating a project, it is important to consider the timeframe, when will it start and end. The goals of the product or result, with  cost consideration is also crucial in the process. These are called the project management triple constraint. It is also important for all individuals in the project accomplish their goals, as they can influence the work they do.  

    This week on OLI, I learned that in order to achieve great team performance it is necessary that all members participate equally and with high sensitivity. Team skills obtained will help in the future, as industries prefer amazing teams that know how to work together; team players are highly valued.

Learning Strategies

    Something I reflected on this week was effective learning strategies. What is it that makes us fully grasp the information? Everyone learns differently therefore everyone will have a unique learning strategy that suits them the best. In my case taking notes, extracting details, and getting the main idea have been my strong suits. However, making a schedule, using my time wisely, and making every hour count would be considered my weakest. Recently I started to implement them into my learning strategies as I began working a full time job. In the past I had more time and a schedule was never an issue for me as it is now. Creating a schedule will certainly motivate me and remind me when things should be done and when they are due. Below is an image of my activity log sheet that I will implement this following week in order to improve my managing skills.



Project Management Basics

    A project requires careful planning that is divided in parts in order for success and to obtain uniqueness. These parts are Initiating, Planning, Executing, Monitoring and Control process, and Closing; they are know as the Project Life Cycle. It is important to have time management, cost management, scope management, and quality in management in order not to fail a project. Separating the work load is also very important in the development of a project since it can be easy to get lost in the process. Using a tool such as the Gantt Chart help individuals create a project schedule in order to have good time management. This chart includes how the project work will be broken down which will create order. In addition, the chart contains the important dates such as the start and finish dates of each task. This feature can be very helpful in order to create prioritization and organization.  

Previous Capstones

    Oceanside Library Home Delivery System: This capstone project was a based on book delivery service in which the user or member of the library can check out a book via online.  After checking out a book then it can be delivered to the person. This project was well done and it was easy to follow. This important since it employees need to know how to use this service. The presentation was well done. I enjoyed the video that demonstrates how the service can be used. The project would be great if the also added the option of pick up and drop off of books as well. 
Mirrored Fantasy: This capstone project was really interesting because it demonstrates everything that was taught in the program. One improvement to consider, as mentioned by the creator of this project, is the time schedule. Overall, it was a great project. The presentation was done very well. However, it was somewhat challenging to follow due to the use of terminology that I am still not familiar with.

Comments

  1. Hello Victoria,

    Great post! I agree with you that creating a schedule helps with motivation. For me, it is like a game. Sometimes you meet your schedule and other times you have to rearrange your schedule to best suit you. Also, your schedule looks great! I like that you incorporate gym time. Going to the gym has also helped me step away from the computer and unwind from working on assignments. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Victoria,

    Nice work on the time management learning strategies. I agree with you that scheduling is also one of my weak points that I am also trying to improve on. It looks like you have a very busy schedule and I feel it is helpful to see your week all planned out. It helps as you said to keep us on track and know what things are supposed to happen and when. I also like that you have some planned gym time. I think working out definitely helps to keep you balanced and switch between a mental and physical activity for optimum performance. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 Week 4

CST 300 Week 3

CST 300 Week 1