CST 338 Week 1

 

WELCOME TO WEEK 1

CodingBat code practice: 

    This week, part of the homework was to earn at least 3 stars in each of the Java areas, such as Strings, Arrays, Maps, etc. Since I had never used Java before, I looked up methods that I could use with this particular language. The lectures and videos provided on CodingBat were also very helpful. Although I needed some assistance, it was minimal. I feel that Java is very similar to C++, a language which I am familiar with. 
    For some problems, I was able to just throw code at it and through trial and error, pass all the tests. For others, I planned out my approach and successfully solved them. There were instances where I passed the tests on the first try. However, there were a few that took me multiple attempts to pass, and others that I chose to skip. 

Catching Up:
 
   While I was in the orientation and watching how to do lab00, I felt a bit nervous.  Being new to Github, I felt Dr.C's pace quite fast. Honestly, I was apprehensive about the entire process. However, once I sat down and watched the lab00 video walkthrough, I was able to understand the steps completely. One of the struggles I faced was installing an updated version of Git. Did anyone else, especially those with macOS, encounter this problem? 
  

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CST 300 Week 4

CST 300 Week 3

CST 300 Week 1